Historical Documents

Raquette Lake | William West Durant | Great Camps | Clergy | Time Line | Writings | Documents | Bibliography


1879 Letter from Bishop Doane in support of new mission church*

1880 Appeal for Funding from William West Durant and John Boyd Thacher*

1880 Subscriptions or memorial gifts for new church*

1880 Letter of support from Rev. Morgan Dix, Trinity Church NYC*

1891 Letter from Father J.A. Kelly thanking WW Durant for arranging dedication of St. William’s – typed

In 1890 William West Durant built St. William’s Roman Catholic Church on Long Point, designed by Josiah Cleveland Cady & Co., and donated the church to the people of Raquette Lake.

1891 Copy of handwritten letter page 1*

1891 Copy of handwritten letter page 2*

1891 Copy of handwritten letter page 3*

1897 Pew placard requesting support

Newsletters

Adirondack Writings

* Copies of documents found in Records of the Albany Episcopal Diocese and Albany Roman Catholic Diocese on 11th floor of the State Library in Albany, New York


Raquette Lake | William West Durant | Great Camps | Clergy | Time Line | Writings | Documents | Bibliography


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *